[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fluffy Bunnies of DOOM • View topic - When Shall We Meet?

Fluffy Bunnies of DOOM

Hop Hop, Chomp
It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

What time should we meet for dinner?
7p-ish (this would prolly be before all the contests/concert) 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
8p-ish (this would prolly be close to the end of the contests, but still before the concert. 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
9p-ish (this would prolly be after the contests, but still either before or during the concert.) 67%  67%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: When Shall We Meet?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:22 pm 
Bunny Wrangler

I don't want to make a unilateral decision about when we're meeting. For some, this is their first time at Blizzcon, and the dance/costume/sound alike contests can be some of the most fun. So...let me know...I'm guessing at the times for the contests and concert...hopefully they'll post a schedule in the next couple days.

Post subject: Re: When Shall We Meet?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:21 pm 
Chocolate Bunny

Isn't the concert on Saturday and the other stuff Friday?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:39 pm 
Ninja Bunny

Earlier would be better for me. I have a 2hr drive home after. But whatever is fine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:51 pm 
Bunny Wrangler

I dunno when the stuff is. I'll do some more checking around and see if I can't figure it out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:01 am 
Ninja Bunny

How about Thursday?

(")_(")

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:51 am 
Chocolate Bunny

I think thursday would be a good choice (I'm surprised we weren't doing that already).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:09 am 
Naked Bunny

Personally, I doubt I could make Thursday. I'm planning on driving down before 10pm to pick up my ticket, but evening traffic from LA to OC is insane, and I probably couldn't make it much earlier than that. I'd prefer Friday since I and everyone else will be there, however I know I'm one among many.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:39 pm 
Bunny Wrangler

I'm hesitant to do Thurs because people will be getting in and settled and the like. I'd prefer Friday.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:42 am 
Chocolate Bunny

Schedule: http://www.blizzard.com/blizzcon/faq/schedule.xml

Okay, so I've been looking at the schedule, and while I do want to see the contests, I'm pretty well convinced that if we stay for them that we'll arrive too late at Lucille's, or anywhere else that's not Denny's or Hoff's Hut (which is where we ate last year, and seems like a good "late Saturday" choice, if we go out after) or some other crap restaurant.

That leaves us with a couple of options:

Skip the contests and such on Friday. Reasons: They inevitably run late; Jay Mohr is emceeing again Friday, apparently, and the majority of the group last year didn't care for him (I liked him, except for the poop-spell joke, but that's neither here nor there); it's not like pictures and youtube video of the whole thing won't exist, anyway.

Move dinner to Saturday and skip the concert then. Reasons: uhh, I don't have any good reason to go, for the most part, though the emcee on Saturday is apparently NOT Jay Mohr, who let himself be heckled and was probably hindered by the PG-13 venue anyway, and as such the emcee might be funny. I have no idea who it is.

We are running short on time! Someone who is not me needs to step up and make an executive decision because I am indecisive about the whole issue.

Edit: The Saturday emcee is Patton Oswalt.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 pm 
Bunny Wrangler

Lucille's is open till 11p Fri and Sat (10p the rest of the time). So...since the majority voted 9p, then let's do it. That gives us time to watch some of the contests (which IMO is better than none), and still not get there feeling like we've got the rush (since it'll still be 2 hours before closing).

Executive decision made...Lucille's at 9p on Friday. Carcosa...make it so.

Final head count: Here's a list of names...if I miss someone, speak up, as Carcosa says, we're running out of time.
Sarrow
Lailo
Nyax
Ing
Bat
Teslar
Pocket
Carcosa
Parnita
Tennie
Alannastar
Nyar